Four Top Mobile Marketing Tips for Law Firms by Edward Kundahl
The legal industry can be highly competitive, making marketing one of the most critical elements of success for your law firm. What that marketing should entail has evolved greatly over the years. Today’s legal marketing programs must integrate activities specifically targeted to reach and accommodate mobile users. This includes people on tablets as well as smartphones. Ignoring these audiences will lead to disappointing results.
* Join my BELIEVE newsletter: http://www.evancarmichael.com/newsletter/
So, what exactly is mobile marketing and what makes sense for your firm? Following are four recommended mobile marketing activities that we think fit that bill.
1. Ensure Responsive Site Design
First and foremost, you must ensure that your website displays and operates seamlessly and fully on any mobile device. Do not force visitors to scroll side to side or show them flash elements that cannot play on their phones. These experiences will create quick results for sure but those results will not be the ones you want—people will simply leave your site and move on to your competitor’s site.
2. Optimize Your Site for Local Search
You know that location matters to your clients when they are seeking legal representation. You must ensure that your site and SEO efforts are set up to capitalize on your location. This encompasses simple things like adding your location to H1, H2 or title tags as well as scattering location keywords in your copy without making your content unreadable.
One important note must be made here: do not overstate your geographical reach. If your firm is in Riverside, California list that rather than the more generic Southern California. The more relevant and direct your content is, the better chance you have of being returned in a search appropriately. Some other activities may be a bit more involved but can pay off such as creating a Schema markup.
3. Target Mobile Users with Paid Ads
Because people commonly search for your services while on mobile devices, consider increasing your bids on specific keywords for mobile searches. This can help you target mobile clients more directly and compare your analytics to see the level of traffic generated from mobile more clearly to help guide your ongoing efforts.
4. Create a Useful Mobile App
There has been a lot of discussion about the pros and cons of developing a mobile app for a law firm. The bottom line is that these pros and cons are no different than the pros and cons for any industry. The best mobile app is one that can be useful to the end consumer. That is the most inherent difference between a mobile app and a website—the app must provide a specific function.
One example would be an app that offers a calculator to determine child support payments. Another could offer a way for people to determine estimated blood alcohol content. Apps can also be used to facilitate the submission of some documentation or forms. In addition to the primary use of the app, you can provide directions to your office, news about your practice and details about your firm’s attorneys.
These are just some of the ways that you can leverage the importance of mobile devices in the everyday lives of your clients.
Mobile phones and tablets have become virtually necessities for most people today and that trend is not likely to change. This delivers you new opportunities to reach potential clients and stay engaged with existing ones.
Author: Edward Kundahl.
* Subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Modelingthemasters
* Leave a comment, thumbs up the video (please!)
* Suppport me: http://www.evancarmichael.com/support/
* Mon – 1 Minute Mondays: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM2HwduoMCpvZRhd2qE22Fg-
* Tues – Tech Tuesdays: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM3NGvdl33mEwdUdr19zti9s
* Thurs – Thankful Thursdays: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM2Scsq-0Er3mA8U3Kqz9fiV
* Fri – Famous Fridays: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM30QoA2ygo5RWzfQm8y7ScL
* Sun – Famous Failures: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM2aeaKPqI5ILrNcLjbQZDob
* Your Questions – Every day!